Philosophy & Values
- The KiddyKeys mission is to introduce music appreciation and understanding to preschool children using an interactive group learning environment that helps each child develop, value, and experience basic music skills.
- KiddyKeys teachers have a profound commitment to the music education of preschool-age children and to making music available to children everywhere.
- Children's self-worth is at the core of our organization. We believe every child is a star who will thrive in a teaching environment geared to their individual needs. We recognize each child's personal value.
- We teach music, knowing that the ability to learn and understand lies within each child.
- We are facilitators who lead children on the path of music discovery and knowledge — a path that will forever benefit them as they further develop math, reading, spatial reasoning, and social skills.
The KiddyKeys® program was designed to develop not only a child's music appreciation skills, but also their life skills. We summarize our classroom philosophy this way:
- Be respectful to all children. Through our actions, we convey our belief that each child is special.
- Take the time to make one-on-one contact with each child during class and speak to children using their names.
- Follow their lead! Children are highly resourceful, and each child sees things in their own way. To foster critical thinking, we ask the children what they think about each concept.
- Offer positive reinforcement. Music is a unique experience, and we encourage self-expression.
- Have fun! Since learning and music go hand-in-hand, we never know when a "teachable moment" will occur, so we enjoy every moment.