Philosophy & Values
KiddyKeys Character: Skip
KiddyKeys Character: Melody
KiddyKeys mission is to introduce music appreciation and understanding to preschool children using an interactive group learning environment that helps each child develop, value, and experience basic music skills. KiddyKeys teachers have a profound committment to the music education of preschool-age children and making music available to children everywhere.
The value of each child's self-worth is at the core of our organization. We believe every child is a star who will thrive in a teaching environment geared to their individual needs. We recognize each child's personal value.
We value each child's ability to grasp basic music principles. We teach music knowing that the ability to learn and understand lies within each child. We are facilitators who lead children on the path of music discovery and knowledge - a path that will forever benefit them as they further develop math, reading, spatial reasoning, and social skills.
The KiddyKeys® program was designed to develop not only a child's music appreciation skills but also their life skills. We summarize our classroom philosophy this way:
- Be respectful to all children. Through our actions, we convey our belief that each child is special.
- We take the time to make one-on-one contact with each child during class and speak to children using their names.
- Follow their lead! Children are highly resourceful and each child sees things in their own way. To foster critical thinking, we ask the children what they think about each concept.
- Offer positive reinforcement. Music is a unique experience and we encourage self-expression.
- Have fun! Since learning and music go hand-in-hand, you never know when a "teachable moment" will occur, so we enjoy every moment.